Company registration in Bulgaria
Limited Liability Company
In most cases the Limited Liability Company is the most appropriate legal form for company incorporation in Bulgaria.
A limited liability company may be formed by one or more associates, who may be individuals or companies.
A limited liability company, formed by a single individual or a company, is called "EOOD" or in Bulgarian "ЕООД". A limited liability company, formed by two or more individuals or companies, is called "OOD" or in Bulgarian "ООД".
One individual may form several limited liability companies as a sole partner.
The minimum capital required for registering a limited liability company is 2 leva or 1 euro.
The responsibility of the associates for the company's liabilities is limited to the amount of the capital, they have invested in the company.
Partners and managers in a limited liability companies can be foreign citizens without any restrictions.
A manager in a limited liability company may be only an individual and may not be a company. The company may have more managers who may represent the company jointly or separately.
In order to register a limited liability company all partners and managers will have to come to Bulgaria in person and carry one of their ID documents - ID card or passport.
Company registration includes:
- Choosing the name of the company and verifying whether it is available in the Commercial Register's website;
- Deciding what the structure of the company will be - who the the sole partner or the partners will be and what will be their participation in the capital and who will be the manager/managers;
- Signing the specimen of the manager's signature in front of the notary public;
- Opening a bank account for depositing the company's capital;
- Submitting the documents at the Commercial Register.
Contabil Ltd. renders the following company registration services in Bulgaria:
- An address for the company;
- Verification of the name of the company;
- Paying taxes to the Commercial Register;
- Preparation of the documents;
- Assisting you in signing the specimen of the manager's signature in front of the notary public;
- Assisting you in opening a bank account for depositing the company's capital;
- Submitting the documents at the Commercial Register;
- Making the company's stamps;
- Receiving a document from the Commercial Register, proving the registration of the company.
The registration takes about 1 week after submitting the documents to the Commercial Register in Bulgaria.
The company registration for a company with a sole partner with one stamp for him/her costs 350 euro.
At the moment of the initial registration the company is not VAT-registered. This registration takes 2 weeks and costs 200 euro. One of the managers must come to Bulgaria once again in order to complete the VAT registration.